Corey Deacon, CFMP, MSc, DNM, BCN
Certified Functional Medicine Practitioner
Corey Deacon is co-founder and Medical Director of Neurvana Health. Corey:
- is a member of The Examining Board of Natural Medicine Practitioners Canada™ (EBNMP™) with a Doctorate for Natural Medicine®
- is a Certified Functional Medicine Practitioner by the Functional Medicine University™
- has a background in biological sciences and neuroscience with degrees from the University of Alberta and University of Greenwich in Neuroscience and Biomedical Sciences
- has post-graduate experience in the fields of neuroscience, neuropsychology, biochemistry, genetics, medical sciences, pharmacology, cognitive neuroscience, biomedical sciences, and natural health
- holds board certifications in Holistic Health by the American Association of Drugless Practitioners (AADP), and in Alternative Medicine from the American Alternative Medical Association (AAMA)
- holds a board certification in Neurofeedback by the Biofeedback Certification International Alliance™ (BCIA™), is a certified mentor and an associate fellow of the BCIA™
- is a member of the American Academy of Anti-Aging also known as A4M™ and holds a Fellowship in Anti-Aging, Metabolic and Functional Medicine
- has training in Integrative Oncology
- And is a neuroscientist, passionate health consultant, detective and speaker.
Corey has mapped and analyzed thousands of brains over the years and specializes in connecting brain and body functioning for optimized health and wellness.
When Corey isn’t solving health mysteries he can be found golfing, camping, playing hockey and baseball, reading, learning, and spending time with his wife, friends, and family.
“I began my health journey while attending university in 2011. Many years of head injuries, sub-concussive hits to the head, and other abuse to my brain began catching up with me. I was chronically inflamed and spent the next 3 years with varying degrees and multitudes of ‘brain on fire’ symptoms. I define ‘brain on fire’ symptoms as symptoms that creep up every now and then, such as mood swings and anxiety, but then alleviate. The longer I ignored these warning signs the worse they became. It got to the point where I couldn’t leave the house without having a panic attack and I rapidly cycled between low mood, low self-esteem, rage, and fatigue. I started to become disinterested in school, the very thing that used to keep me motivated. My grades began to suffer as my attention, energy levels and focus declined. While taking a graduate class in neuroscience, I began to connect the dots between my brain function, head injuries and my poor gut health. Since this time, I have been on a non-stop path to learn how to reverse these symptoms.
Today I have completed many more years of post-secondary, am writing a book, doing research, and have no anxiety, mood fluctuations, or troubles with focus. I give all my credit to integrative health and Neurofeedback for reversing my brain dysfunction. I want to spread this knowledge as far, and wide as possible.”